Why use a Blue Badge Guide?
- The Blue Badge is Britain’s highest professional tourist-guiding qualification – and its oldest, founded for the Festival of Britain in 1951.
- It is seen by tour operators and travel companies worldwide as a benchmark of excellence.
- A competitive selection process is followed by a rigorous and comprehensive training course lasting up to two years.
- The core curriculum consists of history, art, architecture and social and contemporary issues.
- Guides are trained in presentation skills and client care.
- At the end of the course guides have a series of written and practical exams supervised by the Institute of Tourist Guiding.
- Priorities are informing, entertaining and responding to client needs.
Blue Badge Guiding Fees
- Guiding fees depend on the time of the assignment, the kind of work, and travel among other things.
- I base my fees on the minimum rates of the Association of Professional Tour Guides (APTG).
- Please contact me, tell me the services you require and I will quote you a price.
- Cancellation charges will apply as set out on the APTG fees page